Howe U Ben Slideshow

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Gotta Start Somewhere

So, I have been watching my wife, sisters, and sisters-in-law blog and I just couldn't sit on the sidelines any longer. I don't think that I have anything particularly funny or interesting to say and I think that my OCD about grammar and spelling might drive me crazy as I try to share what's in my head. (That last sentence was retyped about seven times before I could let it rest.) I think another thing I am worried about is making absolutely no sense as I try to convert my thoughts, which are probably stored in binary in my brain, into intelligible ... "what's a good synonym for thought which I can't use because I just used it earlier in this sentence. I almost feel like I am in the process of writing an English 102 paper and I'm trying to impress (or confuse) my professor with my vocabulary. Speaking of vocabulary I have never known anyone to have a vocabulary as immense as that of my father. The man is a walking Webster's dictionary. Anyway, I just wanted to get this first post out there and get this thing rolling. My goal is to keep this blog on the subject of my latest quest: to build a house for my family in the not so middle of nowhere - Mescal, AZ.

I think I am going to have to let my grammar and punctuation run free in this new world. I will have to quench my desire to please the Gods of the English Language.

3 comments:

Lesley said...

All that blogging while coping with a hernia.....How did you get that injury anyway? Iza waz nefer good atsa inglish langug aneswa.

Linda said...

What!? Speak English Ben. JK. Where the heck is Mescal? You should post the floorplans to your house so we can all decide what we like or don't like and drive you insane.

natalieandderyk said...

Welcome to the blogging world. Deryk will be excited if you blog is going to be all about your new house.