She had two knots in her umbilical cord and it was wrapped around her neck and chest. She had a pretty rough go of it and was very purple when she came out. She pinked up pretty quickly so we thought we were in the clear.
Her breathing became shallow and her heart rate was too high so they took her to the NICU to monitor her and give her some oxygen.
After a few hours they brought her back to our room and she seemed to be doing fine. I went to my parents' house where the older kids were staying so I could help take care of them. When I was loading them up to go to Lesley's parents' house to see their cousins, Lesley called me to tell me they were taking her back to the NICU because she has a bacteria infection and that they needed to do a spinal tap to test for meningitis. What? Could this year get any worse? I dropped the kids off at their nana & papa's house and rushed to the hospital. I had my dad meet me there and we gave Adrianna a priesthood blessing. During the blessing I knew that everything would be OK. Here's a shot of her under her oxygen hood in the NICU. Lesley affectionately calls it the "Tupperware bowl".
Sunday, November 29, 2009
She's Here!
Adrianna Joyce Howe arrived at 1:15 A.M. November 27, 2009. She weighed 7 lbs 2 oz and was 20.75 inches long.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
She is absolutely precious! She looks so much like the H-man. The girls were so excited to watch that video and Lo kept saying "hiccup". We can't wait to meet her. Sending our love!
She is as adorable as I imagined she would be! Hug and kiss her for me!
She is beautiful! We are excited to meet her in a few weeks!
Yeah! what a cutie, We are so glad she is here and well. November 27th is a great day to have a birthday, I am glad Adrianna took my advice :).......
Congrats you two!
Congratulations! I'm glad she's doing well. She has so much hair! She's adorable Ben.
Wow! I am so glad to hear all is well and she looks absolutely beautiful. I'm surprised that she had so many problems because in that video she looks fantastic! I am also glad Lesley got to have her in November. :-)Congratulations you guys!
Congrats! We are glad to hear that everything turned out well, and that she is safe. We will keep you all in our prayers.
Adorable, just like her siblings. Congratulations!
Post a Comment